Friday, September 23, 2011

The Good ol’ Boys (Gobs) on 5 Important Steps to Fantasy Football

Do you remember your first fantasy football league?  Who your big players were; and who the “champ” of the league was?  Your fond memories of those big players back then might be the high risk (via injury prone, old vets, etc.), starters on your team this year. 

I set my team in five steps.  

1.       (Annually)               I draft them.

      Every year I draft them.  I may purchase a magazine, or look up online rankings.  Before the draft, I input my personal favorites on the queue.  During the draft, I will weigh the best ranked available, against my personal favorites (usually I opt for next best ranked available.)
·         I try to stay ‘til the end, just to make sure nobody has to wait my full turn.

2.       (Weekly)                I pre-set them to their projections (highest points play).

I pre-set them to their projections. (highest points play)
Pretty self explanatory.

3.       (Weekly)                I compare the away teams’ defense (matchups).

I compare the away teams’ defense (matchups).
You can go off either ranking matchups, or your gut on this one.  Defenses are pretty easy to decide whether they will be good.  Inversely difficult defenses you might have to face.

4.       (Daily)                   I use a little judgment on the close calls. (constraint: small margin of point difference).




I use a little judgment on the close calls. ( constraint: small margin of point difference).
Pretty self explanatory.

5.        (Daily)                   I monitor, and make changes if necessary (injuries, weather conditions, gut feelings).

I monitor, and make changes if necessary (injuries, weather conditions, gut feelings)
Pretty self explanatory.



The time of the week on the daily and weekly is up to you.  I know how hectic work and personal life can be. 

Now, do I or don’t I play the Packer’s Defense this week?
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment