Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Night Football - Cowboys and Redskins

Cowboys and Redskins.  Great divisional match-up in the NFC.  In Madden 2007-2009, I would start a franchise using the Redskins.  Their playbook was very similar to the Packers.  Perhaps that’s why Sexy Rexy knows how to operate it.  I really liked playing that team.  I really liked Jason Campbell and often I would select him when moving forward in the franchise as my eventual starting quarterback.  Until I drafted someone with 92 speed that is.  

Any ways, Rex I still see in a Bears uniform, and I remember him well.  The Rex I remember would not perform they way the Redskins quarterback is now.  Not consistently, and not long term.  However, seeing how the Vikings have been playing (all four quarters people), I think the Redskins are definitely better off with Grossman (They wouldn't be better off with #Tebow , know what I'm saying @kyleortonary and @FoxyJohnFox? )  I'm getting ahead of myself with the Packers v. Broncos next week, forgive me!

I can’t see how long this Redskins streak lasts, and as much as I would like to root for the lesser of two evils, I’m afraid I’m going to have to side with the Cowboys winning at home.  The Cowboys have never won at home in their new stadium, and what a better shot at redemption for Romo if he can knock off the undefeated Redskins… with a punctured lung and fractured rib no less.  


Romo’s fractured rib, Ausin out, Rex Grossman,… it sounds like a pitcher’s duel tonight gentlemen.  It should be a quick one, but it will definitely be one to watch.  I will be rooting, although, hell, I will admit it.  Two of my fantasy teams need the Cowboys defense to hold up to win this week.  This game will probably be more exciting to me than most!  

Good luck,

Kevin 

No comments:

Post a Comment